Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Friday, February 11, 2011

the D.O.C say he was the words behind N.W.A

The DOC speaks

 

Staff Writer

 

2011-02-10

 

.www.streetroachpics.com .

 

 

From Hiphopdx: I was really arrogant back then. I used to tell them muthafuckas all the time, “If it wasn’t for me, y’all niggas wouldn’t have shit!” Which may be why niggas is trying to shit on me now, because payback is a muthafucka.

The DOC did an interview in HipHopDX and talks about his talent and , his influence in N.W.A.

from Hiphopdx:The actual name “Death Row” came from me. I actually wanted to call the label “Def Row,” ‘cause in my mind Dre was what Russell Simmons was to the east …. That’s how important he was. And then one of the other artists, a female named Jewell, she was like, “Wow, that’s cool, Death Row.” I was like, “Nah, Def Row.” And Dre was like, “Nah, nigga, Death Row ….” And then with all these thug-minded-ass muthafuckas around…it didn’t take long before that’s just what that was.

from hiphopdx:It was a dirty time. And if you really had a movie about that shit, it would fuck you up – from the beginning of Ruthless all the way through to the end of Death Row, and it showed the kind of niggas that could manipulate [Tupac's] death. I know.

from hiphopdx:I don’t think ‘Pac or [the Notorious B.I.G.] ended up the way that they shoulda ended up. I don’t think it shoulda went like that. [All] because greed, money and power went too far with niggas that don’t really have any money. Having a million dollars ain’t no fuckin’ money. These is muthafuckas [in power] running around here with multiple billions of dollars, that can buy and sell you…at a heartbeat, as if you were a slave. They can do that.

From hiphopdx:hat’s funny. That is funny. That was my Fresh Prince days. If [Will Smith] ever reads this, it’ll fuck him up: I can remember when I was in that group, the Fila Fresh Crew, and I was opening up [a show for DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince]. And he had these dancers. It was two guys, and this one bow-legged girl. And they were wearing…spandex. This is when those things were in style. And Fresh Prince was on stage. He was rippin’. I had just opened it up. And the crowd was goin’ nuts. But they didn’t go nuts when I was up there. And in my opinion, I was better than everybody. So I was off feeling bad. And the little bow-legged girl was like, “Baby, don’t worry, you gon’ get your chance.” I thought that shit was so sweet that I never forgot that.

source

Posted via email from streetroachpics' posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment